All fruits are a great way to live healthy lives. They are healthy because of the high amount of the nutrition they have. Below are some of the Gooseberries Fruits fact, Gooseberries Fruits Health facts and Gooseberries Fruits Nutrition facts.
- Scientific Name and Genus: The botanical or scientific name of the Gooseberry is Ribes uva-crispa and Ribes grossularia. It belongs to the Ribes grossularia species of the Ribes genus.
- For Whole Year: The most amazing point among the Gooseberries Fruits facts is that these berries are available year-round.
- More than hundred Varities: Another interesting reality among the Gooseberries Fruits facts Hundreds of type of the berries is available. The most common found are Hairy Amber and Old Rough Red.
- Cross between Gooseberry and Blackcurrant: Jostaberry, a complex cross fruit species, is produced by having a cross between Gooseberry and Blackcurrant.
- A must remember reality among these Gooseberries Fruits facts is that sometimes, these berries are confused with Indian Gooseberry, Chinese Gooseberry or the Barbados Gooseberry.
- Usage: The taste of the fruit is sweet and slightly tart. These are eaten raw or as an ingredient in many dishes of desserts like ice creams, fruit salads, muffins and pies. The berries also have industrial use and are used in the preparation of jellies and jams.
Gooseberries Fruits Health Facts
Not only for the only above mentioned are a reason of their fame. But they are very beneficial for human body. Have a look on the following Gooseberries Fruits Health Facts.
- Hair Health: most common fact among the Gooseberry Fruits Health facts is that for centuries, it has been a major component among the hair medicines. The berries, also known as Amla, are a natural hair strengthener and It recovers and improves the hair growth. Not only it supports roots of hair but also preserves the color shine. It is a good nutrient for the hair that avoids the early graying of hair.
- Fight against Diabetes: Everyone knows that the diabetes is caused when the pancreas fails to maintain the sugar levels in the blood. The fruit is a great source of chromium and has a medicinal value for diabetes patients. The berries are responsible for strengthening the isolated cells that discharge the insulin and decreases blood sugar levels within a diabetic person.
- Eye-Sight Protection: Another major reality among the gooseberries fruits health facts is that the fruit is beneficial against the eye diseases and as well as enhancing the eye-sight. The juice of the bushes is mixed with honey before consuming that is remarkably advantageous in the treating of glaucoma and conjunctivitis. Other eye-related illnesses like itchiness, reddening and watering of eyes can also be healed by consuming the fruit, we are considering here.
- Strengthen the Liver: Many poisons in the body are produced due to the extended usage of antibiotics, pain killers, alcoholic beverages, cigarettes, shisha and medicines. Gooseberry kills this particular toxic through the body and strengthens the liver.
- Anti Aging: A good amount of vitamin C is an ingredient of the berries that fight against the free-radicals. These free radicals will certainly cause damage to the cells and therefore are a primary cause of deterioration and aging.
Gooseberries Fruits Nutrition facts
All the above mentioned benefits are because of the following Gooseberries Fruits Nutrition facts.
- Vitamins: 27.7mg Vitamin C and 290IU of Vitamin A are present in 100 g of the berries.
- Enegry: 184 kJ of energy can be obtained by consuming 100 gram serving of the Gooseberry.
- Dietary Fiber: 4.3g of dietary fiber is extracted from the under consideration serving.
- Minerals: The most beneficial Gooseberries fruits nutrition facts that is a good source of minerals. 25.0mg Calcium and 10.0mg of Magnesium can be obtained by an intake of 100g of the berries.
- Fatty Acids: 46.0mg Omega-3 and 271mg of Omega-6 are found in the supposed serving.