Guava fruit is a high profile nutritional fruit. It has unique and delicious taste. This fruit has qualities that will promote health. Guava fruit is also called as the super fruit. Strawberry guava and apple guava are the popular varieties of this fruit. It is very beneficial for health but there are some Guava allergy symptoms we are going to discuss in this article.
It will vary in seed consumption, flavor and its pulp color. This fruit consist of a creamy texture. It contains low amount of calories but large amounts of vitamins, minerals, dietary fibers and antioxidants. The nutrient component present in this fruit will promote healthy effects to the body and scavenge the body from cancer causing cells. High potassium content present in guava fruit, will maintain the heart rate, pulse rate and blood pressure in normal range. Due to so many benefits, it is very popular fruit among many people. But some contents of the fruit may be not suitable for your body type. It may cause variety of allergic symptoms in most of the people.
Guava Allergy Symptoms:
Fruit allergy is defined as a frequent reaction in the oral cavity. Most of the people develop hypersensitive reactions by using some specific fruits. Guava fruit allergy is almost same as other fruit allergies. Some of the guava fruit allergy symptoms occur by only touching its leaves or wood. The guava fruit allergy caused by touching it is called as contact dermatitis. Other allergic symptoms include:
- Upper respiratory tract infection: coughing, shortness of breath etc.
- Skin infection: eczema, hives, rashes etc
- Swelling of face, neck, throat and lips.
- Digestive infections include diarrhea, ache, vomiting etc.
The severity of the guava fruit allergic symptoms depends upon the exposure time, sensitivity of the individual to fruit and the amount of fruit ingested. Some of the fruits may cause allergic reactions which are fatal for life.
Guava Allergy Treatment:
If you are noticing any allergic symptoms occurred by the use of guava fruit then go to your doctor and ask him to diagnose the allergy. He will do the diagnostic test:
- Skin prick test
- Blood test.
- After the diagnosing of special allergen, the allergist will give you some medicines to treat that allergy or to reduce the guava fruit allergy symptoms.
- If an anaphylactic reaction occurs like sudden decrease in blood pressure and breathlessness then the patient have to seek immediate medical treatment.
- Epinephrine drugs are used in response to guava fruit allergy symptoms.
Other treatments include:
- Allergy shots/ immunotherapy
- Use of steroids
- Use of antihistamines to reduce the inflammation.
- Topical creams and ointments are given to the patients having skin rashes.
- The best option to avoid the guava fruit allergy symptoms is the decrease use of this fruit into daily diet. Those who are allergic to guava do not have to eat this fruit or other products that contain guava like jams and desserts etc.
Please share if you like Guava allergy symptoms and treatment.