Pomegranate fruit is a luxury fruit. Here are some Pomegranate fruit facts:-
- Pomegranate Fruit History Fact: A small delicious tree or bulky shrub that stands fruit pomegranate, is a super fruit with a strong and rich history. Native to the East, it can be found through past papers as far rear as 3500-2000 B.C. The red fruit produces from sweet red flowers and is between a lemon and a grape fruit in size. The snowy flesh inside the thick skin is full of numerous hundred seeds.
- Pomegranate Tree Fact: Pomegranate fruit trees touch up to 32 feet tall in best situations. Its tree usually grow 10 to 18 feet tall as a fat shrub or small tree. Some ranges of pomegranate trees grow spines beside the branches. Pomegranate tree can live for over 150 years.
- Scientific Name: Pomegranate fruit scientific name is “Punica Granatum”.
- Top exporter of Pomegranate Fruit: Iran, southern Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Central Asia are the exporters of pomegranate fruit. Iran is the largest exporter and producer of pomegranate fruit.
- Best time to plant Pomegranate Fruit: Best time to plant seeds of pomegranate fruit is mid-February. Small flowers blossom from mid-may in different colors like red, white, orange and yellow. Pomegranate fruit ripen in August through October.
- Pomegranate a Summer Fruit: Pomegranate fruit is known as summer fruit because it ripen in August through October with the help of sun light and heat.
- Pomegranate Fruit stored in Refrigerator: Pomegranate fruit can be stored in refrigerator for two months.
Pomegranate Fruit Health Facts
- Lower Bad Cholesterol: Intake pomegranate commonly lowers the bad cholesterol level and increases the moral cholesterol level in the blood.
- Prevent from Diabetes and Cancer: Intake regularly 1 glass of pomegranate juice may help to prevent from diabetes and lungs cancer.
- Provide Energy to Body: Take a glass of Pomegranate fruit juice can cure all indigestion problems, fatigue, weakness, tiredness and all gastric problems and provide a high level of energy to maintain body.
- Helps in Weight Loss: Pomegranate fruit has no calories, cholesterol and fat so it is a big source of maintain body weight
- Keep Skin Healthy & Hydrated: Pomegranate fruit maintain the skin cells and prevents from pigmentation, dark spots on skin, wrinkles and freckles. Regular use of pomegranate makes your skin hydrated because of acid contents present in it.
- Make Hair Healthy: Regular use of pomegranate juice provide strengthen, nourishes to hair and make hair healthy. Resolve the problem of dandruff.
- Protection against Heart Disease: Regular intake of pomegranate juice can sustain flow of the blood in the body. Because of this it later decreases the risk of heart attacks.
Pomegranate Fruit Nutritious Facts
- Vitamins & Minerals: Pomegranate fruit contain outstanding amounts of vitamins C and K which is important for the immune system and blood clotting correspondingly.
- Antioxidants: Pomegranates are famous for their remarkable antioxidant levels. Antioxidants are commonly found in fruits, nuts and vegetables to respond the harmful properties of oxidation on cells.
- Saturated Fat: 1 cup of pomegranate seeds contains 0% of saturated fat which is remarkable for weight loss and body fitness.