Strawberry fruit is the world’s healthiest fruit. It differs in flavor, size and texture yet all strawberries have the same heart-shaped, seeded coat and red flesh together with leafy green cap. Here are some amazing strawberry fruit facts.
- Scientific Name: Strawberry fruit is a fellow of the Rosaceae family and the scientific name of Fragaria ananassa. Its name specifies that strawberry is of hybrid source and, in the case of strawberry, of two different classes.
- History & Origin: The cultivated large-fruited strawberry originated in Europe in 18th The garden strawberry was first bred in Brittany, France, in the 1760 via a cross of Fragaria from North America which was brought in 1716. Strawberry Fruit is a species of strawberry native to North America.
- Where grown in the world? Strawberries are grown as a lasting crop in California. It is the number 1 producer accounting for 82% of the total U.S. strawberry manufacture.
- Red Flesh: Red flesh contains 250 seeds on an average strawberry, seeds are present within and out on red flesh.
- Fruit for the King: Strawberries make their title in history as a luxury entry enjoyed only by heads of state. So strawberry fruit is considered as a fruit for the King.
- Are Strawberry Sour or Sweet: The stability of sugar and acidity is very central to the flavor of a strawberry. As strawberries mature, their sugar content increases from about 7% in unripe green fruit to 7–8% on ripening. At the same time, the acidity drops, meaning ripe strawberries taste far
- Strawberry fruit unique fact: Strawberries are the only fruit in which seeds are present on the outside. On the other hand, all other fruits have seeds inside.
Strawberry Health Facts
- Red Blood Cells Formation: Copper is required in the production of red blood cells. Iron is required for red blood cell formation.
- Cardiovascular Support: Blood vessels need daily safeguard from oxidative and stirring damage, and the antioxidant nutrient flesh of strawberries is simply outstanding. Surrounded by all fruits reported as the World’s Strongest Foods, strawberries come out as the finest fruit home of cardiovascular support.
- Decreased Risk of Diabetes: Strawberry is a fruit which helps to control blood sugar and regulate it on daily basis, which positively decreased the risk of diabetes.
- Cancer Prevention: Strawberries can disturb danger of numerous cancers in different ways. They can help to reverse cancer progress.
- Better object for Aging-Related Events: Strawberries can help slow the drop of motor and mental skills connected to aging. The ample amount antioxidants have also displayed to fight symbols of skin aging, such as lines and sun injury.
- Heart-Protective Fruit: Ripe strawberry is a strong evidence of protection of heart diseases. It control cholesterol level and make someone healthy.
Strawberry Nutrition Facts
- Strawberries are brilliant font of vitamins C and K as well as given that a good quantity of fiber, folic acid and potassium.
- Strawberries contain a huge amount of flavonoids which makes strawberries positive red.
- 1 cup of strawberries contains 0.4g of Fat, 7.6 carbohydrates, 2g of fiber and 31 calories.
- Dietary fibers are present in strawberry fruit which helps to provide protection against constipation.