Guava fruit is a high profile nutritional fruit. It has unique and delicious taste. This fruit has qualities that will promote health. Guava fruit is also called as the super fruit. Strawberry guava and apple guava are the popular varieties of this fruit. It is very beneficial for health but there are some Guava allergy symptoms we are going to discuss in this article.
It will vary in seed consumption, flavor and its pulp color. This fruit consist of a creamy texture. It cont
ains low amount of calories but large amounts of vitamins, minerals, dietary fibers and antioxidants. The nutrient component present in this fruit will promote healthy effects to the body and scavenge the body from cancer causing cells.
High potassium content present in guava fruit, will maintain the heart rate, pulse rate and blood pressure in normal range. Due to so many benefits, it is very popular fruit among many people. But some contents of the fruit may be not suitable for your body type. It may cause variety of allergic symptoms in most of the people.
Guava Allergy Symptoms:
Fruit allergy is defined as a frequent reaction in the oral cavity. Most of the people develop hypersensitive reactions by using some specific fruits. Guava fruit allergy is almost same as other fruit allergies. Some of the guava fruit allergy symptoms occur by only touching its leaves or wood. The guava fruit allergy caused by touching it is called as contact dermatitis. Other allergic symptoms include:
- Upper respiratory tract infection: coughing, shortness of breath etc.
- Skin infection: eczema, hives, rashes etc
- Swelling of face, neck, throat and lips.
- Digestive infections include diarrhea, ache, vomiting etc.
The severity of the guava fruit allergic symptoms depends upon the exposure time, sensitivity of the individual to fruit and the amount of fruit ingested. Some of the fruits may cause allergic reactions which are fatal for life.
Guava Allergy Treatment:
If you are noticing any allergic symptoms occurred by the use of guava fruit then go to your doctor and ask him to diagnose the allergy. He will do the diagnostic test:
- Skin prick test
- Blood test.
- After the diagnosing of special allergen, the allergist will give you some medicines to treat that allergy or to reduce the guava fruit allergy symptoms.
- If an anaphylactic reaction occurs like sudden decrease in blood pressure and breathlessness then the patient have to seek immediate medical treatment.
- Epinephrine drugs are used in response to guava fruit allergy symptoms.
Other treatments include:
- Allergy shots/ immunotherapy
- Use of steroids
- Use of antihistamines to reduce the inflammation.
- Topical creams and ointments are given to the patients having skin rashes.
- The best option to avoid the guava fruit allergy symptoms is the decrease use of this fruit into daily diet. Those who are allergic to guava do not have to eat this fruit or other products that contain guava like jams and desserts etc.
Guava Allergy Frequently Asked Questions.
Is Guava an allergen?
No such records have been recorded about the allergy of guava but some of the reports say that it can induce food symptoms in sensitized persons. On the other hand, some of the diseases were recorded in 24 children which were related to asthma, and 25% of diseases were due to guava.
What is it like to be allergic to guava?
Guava allergy is so rare since it is a food, everyone loves it. Fortunately, its allergy is not threatening at all. There are some reasons which cause guava allergy:
- Eating other guava products
- Coming in contact to the guava leaves or its wood
The reactions can be such:
- You will have vomiting
- You might feel respiratory problem
- There will be bit difficulty in breathing
- Coughing issues will occur
- Rashes will appear on the skin
- Face, neck, or other parts of the body may swell
What are the consequences of eating guava seeds?
Guava contains some tiny seeds inside it which has some natural health benefits for your body. Those seeds are rich for Vitamin C. It also contains lycopene and antioxidants which is beneficial for skin. After eating guava seeds, it will make other nutrients to absorb quickly. Moreover, it includes potassium that reduces the risk of high blood pressure.
Does eating guava makes you cough?
Not at all, other guava food products might get you catch cough, but guava has no such things that can worsen your cough. An addition to this, guava includes some rich nutrients which are potassium, calcium, iron, folic acid, vitamin A, and Vitamin B. However, the fresh nutrients in guava such as iron and calcium prevents you from getting more cough.
Is eating boiled eggs with guava fruit dangerous?
Yes, they both are well-balanced in nutrients. Furthermore, egg contains some rich and strong minerals such as proteins, saturated fat, carbohydrates, fiber, vitamin B6, and iodine, potassium, and manganese. Nevertheless, all these minerals or not tolerated by guava, so it might be harmful for the health.
Please share if you like Guava allergy symptoms and treatment.