Almond are among the list of 50 healthiest foods of all time that are available throughout the year. These have a significant effect on our heart health and are and a source of protective antioxidants. Below you can have a look on Almonds facts, its nutrition facts and the Almond health facts.
- Almond History facts: Botanically it is a stone fruit and relates to the Plum, Cherry and the peach. The nuts have been serving the humankind since very ancient times as they were one of the ingredients used to make the bread, which served to Pharos of Egypt.
- Origin of Almonds: The exact origin of the stone fruit has not been confirmed yet, but it is a perception that they originated from Central Asia and China. Almonds trees also grow in the Mediterranean like in Spain and Italy.
- Almond Family: Along with peach, apple, cherry, pear and other fruits almonds are a part of the Rosaceae Family. They are also known as “The Queen of the rose family”.
- Almonds Growing Area and Season: The USA is the largest producer of the Almond. According to an estimate, more than 75% of these stone fruits are produced by California. It’s another fact that the Almonds found during all the seasons.
Almonds Facts for Health
- Antioxidants: The best among the almond health facts is that these are a fantastic source of antioxidants. These antioxidants fight against the oxidative stress and protect against ageing and cancer.
- Control Blood Sugar: These stone fruits are low in carbohydrates and has a high amount of protein, fibre and healthy fats. So these are excellent eateries for the diabetic patients. Moreover, almonds are a great source of Magnesium that controls the level of sugar in the blood.
- Lower Cholesterol Levels: a significant amount of bad cholesterol (LDL) are the primary cause of heart attacks and other heart diseases. Studies have proved that eating almonds regularly can lower the LDL in the blood and can protect your heart from the diseases.
- Cancer Prevention: Though the nuts are responsible for regulating the food moment in the colon, thus fight against the colon cancer.
- Useful during pregnancy: Almonds are a great source of providing folic acid that lessens the chances of congenital disabilities in newborn babies. The acid also helps and boosts the foundation of new cells and tissues.
- Preventing Constipation: the nuts provide a lot of fibre to our body that controls the food moment and fights constipation.
Almonds Nutrition Facts
After having a look at the Health Facts, now just consider some of the Almond Nutrition Facts, because of which these are so beneficial.
- Energy: A hundred grams of the nuts provide 579 Kcal.
- Carbohydrates: the 100g of Almonds contains 21.55 g Carbohydrates.
- Protein: You can get 21.15 g of Protein if you consume an amount of 100 grams of these Nuts.
- Niacin: It is also Nutrition Fact that 3.618 mg of Niacin Vitamins are available in the 100g of the Almonds.
- Riboflavin: 1.138 mg of the Riboflavin Protein are available in the 100g of the nuts.