Dried grapes are called raisins. They are a full pack of nutrients. And can be used for eating in raw form as well as used in cooking, brewing and in baking goods. Raisin contains sugars like fructose and glucose. Cholesterol is absent in it so it is useful for the patients having heart problems. The individuals who are having problems of high blood pressure, regular consumption of raisins may help to decrease the blood pressure. It will maintain the blood pressure in normal ranges.Raisins are an enjoyable dried fruit but if you are allergic in the past then you cannot enjoy this fruit. Raisins are not commonly known as allergenic food. But if you are allergic to mold then you might get raisins allergy symptoms after consuming it.
Any food can trigger an allergic response. Immune system of the body is the defense system that will fight against the harmful agents like virus and bacteria. When someone eats a fruit that contain a protein in the form of an allergen then the immune system will fight against it, trying to get rid of this harmful threat and cause raisins allergies.
Raisins Allergy Symptoms:
The proteins present in grapes are responsible for creating havoc. Increased level of histamine in soft tissues is responsible for the raisin allergy. Histamine will increase the mucus production; it will constrict the lungs and dilate the blood vessels. Furthermore, you start feeling uneasy. All these changes in the body will cause following raisins allergy symptoms:
- Nasal congestion
- Burning sensation of skin
- Skin rashes
- Chest tightness
Raisin Allergy Baby Rash:
A handful of raisins may be a great source for vitamin B, iron, potassium etc. it is a good fruit for the consumption in pregnancy. This dried fruit is beneficial for the babies due to its iron content. It will provide a great amount of nutrients and energy to the little ones. There are some issues of consuming fruits for babies. If any person in the family is allergic to pollen or molds then the new born will might having that allergy too.
Raisin allergy is mostly uncommon but if it occurs, it causes problems that are difficult to ascertain. This fruit is good in one sense but if you are giving any type of fruit to your babies at an early age then it will cause problems. Because children are unable to properly digest the food. Raisin allergy symptoms occur in children includes watery eyes, sneezing, runny nose, abdominal cramps, and skin itching and flushing of the face etc. In some of the cases it may cause orophyrangeal symptoms including itching and tingling of the mouth and pharynx. It also causes respiratory distress in most of the cases.
Progressively the raisins allergy symptoms will be treated by the help of pediatrician. If they left untreated, then a serious type of reaction occurs that is called as anaphylaxis.
Raisin Allergy Treatment:
Although raisin fruits are an essential source of vitamins and minerals for the proper functioning. But on the other hand, it will cause allergies. The person who is suffering from hay fever may develop serious types of allergic symptoms after eating raisins. The best way to treat these allergies is to avoid consumption of this dried fruit and its all forms. Washing the fruits thoroughly before consumption is another way to get rid of mold allergies and other toxins.
Anti-histamine drugs are used for treating the dilation of blood vessels and constricted lungs. Administration of epinephrine is a good option for treating anaphylaxis that is a life-threatening condition.
If your allergy symptoms are due to raisins then take an over the counter medications for it. Allergic patients can use other medications like:
- Pain relievers
- Topical steroids